The Sussex Range – Technical Specifications
There is a 25 year guarantee against manufacturing defects for all towel rail bodies. Proof of purchase is required for a replacement unit. The guarantee does not extend to fitting costs & delivery charges. Electric elements have a 1 year guarantee. All valves have a 5 year guarantee. The Black Edition Towel Rails carry a 25 year guarantee on the body and 5 years on the finish.
Materials of Construction
All towel rails are constructed from 100% stainless steel including the brackets. There are no chemical plating processes in the manufacture of stainless steel. Because of the lack of plating stainless steel rails will not rust, flake or corrode and small marks can be polished out (polished finish only), making this a durable choice. It is made from over 90% recycled materials and is 100% recyclable itself. The Towel rails are manufactured from 304 grade stainless steel with grade 316 welds. The Black Edition Towel Rails are manufactured from 100% stainless steel as above and then powder coated black.
- Pipe Centres – Please click here for full details of pipe centres for all models.
- All Models are constructed from 100% stainless steel thus are suitable for any plumbing system including open/hot water systems.
- All rails are pressure tested to 12 bar at two separate stages during production.
- All rails have been fitted with half inch BSP female tapings.
- BTU/Watt output figures quoted on all our products are based on T=60K.
- Please consult a plumber or a heating engineer to accurately calculate the output needed for your project.
- We recommend that all plumbing work is carried out by a qualified plumber.
All towel rails are supplied with 85mm brackets as standard, short brackets & adjustable brackets are available to order:
- Standard: 85mm
- Short: 60mm
- Adjustable: 60mm-85mm
Please click here for overall rail projections (with 85mm brackets.)
- All elements used in our electric rails and dual fuel kits are heat controlled using latest thermal technology.
- Elements are fitted as standard to the right hand side of the rail/radiator and in the case of electric only, are capped on the left with a chrome plated cap; a left hand option is available on request.
- Please allow an extra 90mm at the bottom of your rail for the element.
- Length of flex is 1M long.
- All elements need to be wired to a 5 amp fuse.
- Standard elements are IP55 rated.
- Basic Adjustable elements are IP54 rated.
- Cylindrical elements are IP55 rated.
- Electric elements are guaranteed for 1year.
- IMPORTANT! Elements must be installed at the bottom of the rail.
- IMPORTANT! Never dry test an element they must be immersed in water at all times; dry testing the element will invalidate the guarantee.
Note: It is now law that all electrical work carried out in the bathroom by a qualified electrician in accordance with I.E.E. wiring regulations.
Dual Fuel Kits
- These allow you to heat your centrally heated towel rail electrically when the central heating is turned off.
- Dual Fuel kits are comprised of an electric element and a chrome plated T-Piece which allows an element and central heating valve to be connected to the same side of the towel rail/radiator.
- All towel rails have been designed to allow an element to be inserted into the right hand side of the rail; a left hand option is available on request.